Escaping from "Raznaborg Damavik" ?

Have a question related to the TinyMiner Eve Mining Bot? Ask it here!
theevil
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Escaping from "Raznaborg Damavik" ?

Postby theevil » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:35 pm

Hello,

is there a way to escape or better change the belt if such a Triglavian Patrol appears ?

boringman
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Re: Escaping from "Raznaborg Damavik" ?

Postby boringman » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:48 pm

You have to use the "BlackOps" DLC pack. After purchasing download the client again and activate the settings. A tutorial is in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3330

Petrus
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Postby Petrus » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:24 pm

Have someone tested and can confirm that with BlackOps DLC a Venture in an Alpha character can survive the Damavik?

It kills the ship very fast, so i have some doubt if buy it or not.

Thanks.

Regards.

VanGoghGaming
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby VanGoghGaming » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:33 pm

With a medium shield extender you are very likely to survive. Check the Venture fit shown in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10#p9096

I don't know for sure the damage type employed by the roaming belt damaviks but maybe switch the rigs for explosive and thermal resistance.

Depending on your CPU capacity as an alpha character you may want to equip resistance modules in the mid slots as well but the key is the medium shield extender which acts as a buffer to allow you enough time to warp out!
VanGogh - Power-Gamer at Large!
Power-Gamers RPG Vault - So eager to play, so reluctant to admit it...
TinyMiner - EVE Online Mining Bot - The EVE Bot Macro Miner of choice, your own ISK Printing Machine!

Petrus
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Postby Petrus » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:29 pm

Thank you for the response, i will test the fit when the toon will get the skill and eventually buy the BlackOps. For what I understand is nearly impossible now to mine in HiSec without it, i was off from EVE from a year.

theevil
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Postby theevil » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:39 am

That depends on the Ship you are using. Orca and Porpoise can tank a trig attack.
Smaller ships don't :?

VanGoghGaming
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby VanGoghGaming » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:27 pm

A skiff can manage the triglavian rats just fine as well. If you're using weaker ships then just configure the program to warp to another belt as soon as it detects rats in the Overview.
TinyMiner - EVE Online Mining Bot - The EVE Bot Macro Miner of choice, your own ISK Printing Machine!

Petrus
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Postby Petrus » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:08 pm

Hi VanGogh,
i've tested the fit you gave me for the ALPHA Venture with the BlackOps DLC, fine tuning some settings, like reducing the time to warp a bit less than the real one in order to check quickly if the Damavik are already on the grid.

I've set in the BlackOps that if Rat are presents warp to another field, in the Rats overview i've put just the Triglavian stuff, so normal rat will be managed by drones as usual.

After losing several Venture i can say that most of them were lost when mining on the field and Damavik warp on grid. From the log i see that the rats are detected, but the ship apparently did not manage to escape, last message regards the drones that are recalled.

Worse thing is that the capsule manage to warp to Station, but apparently it did not detected to have no ship anymore, and began the run to the fields in trying to mine again in a capsule. This is very risky because can expose the bot.

It could be good to have the ship aligned with the station or the next roid field so the warp will begin faster.

At moment mine in an Alpha Venture is not viable even with BlackOps DLC, maybe you can help me fine tuning it.

Thanks.

Best regards.

VanGoghGaming
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby VanGoghGaming » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:04 am

There are some things you can try although at the end of the day a Venture can only do so much. It helps if you could watch the program running for a while and see how it performs when the triglavians arrive in belt!

1. Do not use drones at all. This way you can eliminate the time wasted to wait for the drones to return to the bay and so warp out a lot faster when the triglavian rats are detected! You will need the civilian shield booster from the fit in order to tank the regular weaker rats though!

2. Do not disable the orbit function. A moving ship will take a lot less damage than a stationary one!

3. Mine veldspar in 1.0 and 0.9 systems that do not have regular rats at all (only roaming triglavians).

4. Mine the asteroids from a completed emerging conduit site (there are tons of them all over). Here there will be no triglavians at all but regular rats may spawn from time to time and they are easy to kill. You will need a second character sitting there to prevent the conduit from despawning when you warp back to station to unload! Use a VMWare virtual machine for logging an alpha character in a corvette to keep the conduit running!

Regarding the capsule problem there is a built-in mechanism to prevent this from happening:

1. Leave your current ship to go in your pod and then CLOSE the inventory window (both while docked in station and undocked in space).

2. Go back in your Venture and instead of the inventory window now open the "Ore Hold" window. Right click on your Venture -> Open Ore Hold.

3. Size and position the "Ore Hold" window in the same way as the regular inventory window (both while docked in station and undocked in space).

4. Now if your Venture gets blown up, your pod will no longer have the inventory open and TinyMiner will recognize this and close the Eve Online client!

Hope this helps.

Petrus
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Postby Petrus » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:38 pm

Hi Vangogh,
thanks for the tips.

I've tested some more not using drones and this night i was killed again, but witn 80% of damage from a regular rat and 20% of damage from the Damavik. I haven't see what happened because i was sleeping, but i figure out that the rat attacked for a longer period and the double shield booster tanked it but eventually got reduced to a certain point that the damavaik killed the venture with 1 or 2 shot.

I would suggest the idea to reintroduce the drones and maybe in the next version having a setting that you recover drone but don't wait for them and to rush to the dock button on the station, because i think that the time for warping is enough for the drones to come back in the hangar. In this way it is possible to kill the regular rat and have the shield to try to survive the damavik and warp as fast as possible.

Let me know what do you think about this solution or if we can try any other way.

Thanks.

Best regards.

VanGoghGaming
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby VanGoghGaming » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:53 pm

It all depends how far are the drones at the moment when you recall them. If they are 20km away or more and busy fighting a distant rat then they won't have enough time to come back and will be left behind if the ship doesn't wait for them. Then you won't have any more drones so you're back to square one.

In the end I guess it all boils down to whether you want to keep replacing ventures or you want to rake in AFK profits. If it's the latter then I can refer you to tip number 3 in the post above! ;)

Big Bossik
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Postby Big Bossik » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:33 pm

Hello!

5 Light Drones (Warrior T2) can kill Damavik?

Ship - Makinaw Activ Tank

thx

Speed3willie
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Postby Speed3willie » Thu May 14, 2020 2:25 pm

i dont think thats a good idea dams come in groups of 4 or 5 sometimes and they will take you out.

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”