New Roaming Frigates

Have a question related to the TinyMiner Eve Mining Bot? Ask it here!
Mephisto12
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

New Roaming Frigates

Postby Mephisto12 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:25 pm

Recently a patch introduced new Recon Damaviks (or Raznaborg Damaviks) which are frigates that are in (virtually) every hi sec system and go to asteroid belts and structures and deal a lot of damage. Because they hop from site to site relatively quickly, they’re guaranteed to find and pop whatever I’ve got mining eventually (usually sooner rather than later). Are there any workarounds to this? It has shut down my mining ops entirely since I’ve lost every ship I’ve sent out.

VanGoghGaming
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Roaming Frigates

Postby VanGoghGaming » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:35 pm

I haven't seen such roaming frigates but in any case TinyMiner comes with advanced options to either engage rats with drones or warp to another belt when it detects rats in the Overview. Please refer to this thread for the advanced options concerning rats detection and management:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3330
VanGogh - Power-Gamer at Large!
Power-Gamers RPG Vault - So eager to play, so reluctant to admit it...
TinyMiner - EVE Online Mining Bot - The EVE Bot Macro Miner of choice, your own ISK Printing Machine!

ramseycosay
Newbie Miner
Newbie Miner

Postby ramseycosay » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:27 pm

The best way I have found to deal with the trigs, is too purchase the BlackOps DLC, to allow for the mining barge or exhumer to warp off when it detects rats in the 'rats' tab.

I switched my mining alt to fly procurers instead of covetors or retreivers. That way in the time it takes the client to identify the trigs, your ship will still be alive by the time it warps off, docks, repairs, and chooses a new belt.

I modified the 'rats' tab overview to show only the trig ships, since it is a procurer, you dont have to worry about massive damage or anything from normal belt rats.

nomorchaos
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Postby nomorchaos » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:48 pm

Hey Mephisto12, what ships are you using and having trouble with?

@ramseycosay, Are you still having good luck with your procurer not being destroyed before it can warp off?

As the OP, I am having trouble staying alive as well once the Raznaborg Damavick show up.

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”