Gala Roving Pirate Bands

General chatter, feature requests, ship and equipment configurations, potential Eve Mining Bot bug reports!
jackheape
Emerging Miner
Emerging Miner

Gala Roving Pirate Bands

Postby jackheape » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:45 pm

Lost a Skiff yesterday to an extra strength rats pack. I just happened to walk by when they attacked. Drained cap, webbed me, and TinyMiner logged off because of shield damage before I could close it. Oh well. Just a game. I assume its related to this Guardians Gala affair that's going on. Anyone else noticed this?

jackheape
Emerging Miner
Emerging Miner

Re: Gala Roving Pirate Bands

Postby jackheape » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:55 pm

Ok, I think I have this figured out. This is not a product of the Gala that's going on. Pirate FOB's can show up in any low or hisec system. If you warp to a belt that they are mining they will call in reinforcements from the FOB and kill you. FOB's do not show up on the probe scanner unless you scan them down. Only the Agency panel. So you can't use TM and go to random belts. If you stumble on one of their mining fleets you will die. I have just been lucky up until now that they were not in the systems I primarily use.

VanGoghGaming
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gala Roving Pirate Bands

Postby VanGoghGaming » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:46 pm

FOB rats are also known to roam systems near their base so if you notice a FOB (Forward Operating Base) in the Agency window then your best bet is to move to another constellation until the FOB is destroyed or disappears due to inactivity!
VanGogh - Power-Gamer at Large!
Power-Gamers RPG Vault - So eager to play, so reluctant to admit it...
TinyMiner - EVE Online Mining Bot - The EVE Bot Macro Miner of choice, your own ISK Printing Machine!

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”