Citadel mining near an asteroid field created by moon drilling (SOLVED)

Have a question related to the TinyMiner Eve Mining Bot? Ask it here!
outridger
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Citadel mining near an asteroid field created by moon drilling (SOLVED)

Postby outridger » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:52 pm

So outside station at about 1250km are the rocks i want to mine. I would like to undock and warp directly to the belt. The only way that i have got this to work is using the 200km off bm then warp to the rocks is there anyway to warp directly there when i undock?

VanGoghGaming
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Citadel mining near an asteroid field

Postby VanGoghGaming » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:51 pm

I assume you are talking about the TinyMinerPlus Double client because the Single client should work just fine regardless of the asteroid field's proximity. The Double client does indeed expect the Overview to be empty upon undocking. In fact you have stumbled upon an unintended but clever way to overcome this limitation by using the "Warp from 200km" option! :wink:
VanGogh - Power-Gamer at Large!
Power-Gamers RPG Vault - So eager to play, so reluctant to admit it...
TinyMiner - EVE Online Mining Bot - The EVE Bot Macro Miner of choice, your own ISK Printing Machine!

outridger
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Postby outridger » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:58 pm

no on single client. I cannot get it to warp directly to the rock from the undock. i have to warp to the bm then to the rock. Is there a way to warp directly to the rock and skip the wasted warp to bm.

VanGoghGaming
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby VanGoghGaming » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:03 pm

No, just make the bookmark near the rocks and it's basically the same thing. If there is enough demand for this feature to warp directly to an asteroid from the Overview upon undocking then I might look into it. When TinyMiner was first released you didn't have stations near asteroid fields. Even now I don't know how many people have access to citadels near belts...
TinyMiner - EVE Online Mining Bot - The EVE Bot Macro Miner of choice, your own ISK Printing Machine!

outridger
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Postby outridger » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:19 pm

yeah this is when we are pulling rocks from moons to the citadel. so the rocks are usually about 1250 km off and instawarp to them i figured here soon more people will be doing this. thanks for the info

VanGoghGaming
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Citadel mining near an asteroid field created by moon drilling

Postby VanGoghGaming » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:03 am

Added a new advanced option in the latest TinyMiner version v5.73 (called "Moon mining"). If you select it then TinyMiner will warp directly to the first asteroid from the Overview when undocking from a citadel equipped with a moon drill module that created a new asteroid field!

berumsey
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Re: Citadel mining near an asteroid field created by moon drilling (SOLVED)

Postby berumsey » Thu May 17, 2018 4:04 pm

Could an option for warping to an intermediate bookmark before docking be enabled when moon mining? When docking to the citadel from a moon belt it is too close to warp to. I usually make a bookmark on the far side of the station to warp to before docking.

miker67
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Athanor too close to warp back to

Postby miker67 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:19 pm

I have launched an athanor from which I mine the moon goo rocks and such I have drilled ... when I undock from the athanor, most of the rocks are warpable but when I wish to dock, the athanor docking point is under 150km. Not sure how to sort this out for TM.

Anyone have this problem and discovered a solution?

VanGoghGaming
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby VanGoghGaming » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:10 pm

Is this a common issue only with some Upwell structures or is it widespread? Can you choose to detonate the moon chunk further away from the station or how does it work? I need some more details about this process so that I can implement a solution!

miker67
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Postby miker67 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:44 am

I won't be able to tell you if I can detonate further away or not until my chunk is close enough to detonate.. will report back. My gut says that the chunk of moon gets to a certain distance and then stops moving ... you then detonate. But .. not sure yet.

j2gomes
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Postby j2gomes » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:59 pm

There is no option for popping the moon chunk early, I think the only solution for this would be an intra system intermediate jump point before docking.

miker67
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Postby miker67 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:39 pm

confirmed.. unfortunately you cannot adjust the distance at which the moon chunk is detonated. So you can warp to the furthest of the roids based on your undock but not warp back.. at least during the initial 24-30 hours after detonation. Once the roids slowly move out, it is possible but then you only have half the time left to clear the rocks before they disappear.

Also.. not related.. noticing that I am getting a lot of false situations where I have 'terrible' setting checked to prevent getting ganked by CODE. in local.. but have been sitting in station for a while.. there is no 'terrible' or even 'bad' set toons in local.

VanGoghGaming
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby VanGoghGaming » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:24 pm

The false alarms are due to the wrong size and position of your local chat window. You have the exact dimensions in the tutorial screenshots so match them!

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”