Quick question about critical shield logoff

Have a question related to the TinyMiner Eve Mining Bot? Ask it here!
evei2p
Emerging Miner
Emerging Miner

Quick question about critical shield logoff

Postby evei2p » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:40 pm

I guess this is more of a general EVE question than a TinyMiner question. However, from what I understand about the NPC logoff timer (including the information given in this CCP video), am I correct in assuming that even if TinyMiner forcibly closes the client, your ship won't actually warp off until the NPC timer expires? In other words, you're still being engaged at critical shields until the timer expires?

If this is correct, would it be possible to add an option to dock rather than logoff when at critical shields? Because one would very rarely be pointed by belt rats, it makes more sense to me to be docked up, get shield regen, and not be sitting around in space (especially in low/nullsec) or continue being attacked by rats after logoff. Perhaps an even more advanced route would be to undock and continue mining, but avoid that particular asteroid belt for thirty minutes or so.

VanGoghGaming
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Quick question about critical shield logoff

Postby VanGoghGaming » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:18 pm

You do not get a timer unless you shoot back so you are safe with logging off. However you should properly take care of tanking your ship so that you should never reach critical shields level.
VanGogh - Power-Gamer at Large!
Power-Gamers RPG Vault - So eager to play, so reluctant to admit it...
TinyMiner - EVE Online Mining Bot - The EVE Bot Macro Miner of choice, your own ISK Printing Machine!

evei2p
Emerging Miner
Emerging Miner

Re: Quick question about critical shield logoff

Postby evei2p » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:45 am

Hm okay. I use drones for defense which automatically engage, so I assume that counts as shooting. Therefore one would need to decide between using drones and getting a timer, or not using drones so they can safely warp at crit shield? I never really have an issue with critical shield anyway, as the drones almost always clear out all the rats and I have an alt stationed in the system anyway to clear out larger rats. But sometimes I'll be AFK for too long and something like Seekers might show up which eats shield rapidly.

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”