Sequential mining

General chatter, feature requests, ship and equipment configurations, potential Eve Mining Bot bug reports!
trophius
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Sequential mining

Postby trophius » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:23 am

Does anyone use this feature in TM? Also are there any benefits with it other than when orbiting a roid, does it look more "human usage"

VanGoghGaming
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sequential mining

Postby VanGoghGaming » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:35 am

That is arguable at best. I don't use it myself but it's been requested and I aim to please so there it is! :D
I guess some people like to mine sequentially while others prefer random belts. So it's just a matter of preference, I don't think it affects anything else.
VanGogh - Power-Gamer at Large!
Power-Gamers RPG Vault - So eager to play, so reluctant to admit it...
TinyMiner - EVE Online Mining Bot - The EVE Bot Macro Miner of choice, your own ISK Printing Machine!

Commander
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Postby Commander » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:24 pm

its good to use so far for me when I have 2-3 book marks in a field and several ships to feed

enfarious
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Postby enfarious » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:52 pm

I like to turn this on during corp mining ops. Setup BMs for the 2~3 belts we will be tearing through as a corp, and have TM run them w/ my miners so I can focus on hauling for the rest of the corp w/o issue.

fdrown2226
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Postby fdrown2226 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:18 am

trophius wrote:Does anyone use this feature in TM? Also are there any benefits with it other than when orbiting a roid, does it look more "human usage"

I think the genesis of the request is for those who want to strip one belt before moving on to another. Mining random belts, when some are depleted, results in returning to those depleted belts too often. :idea:

VanGoghGaming
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby VanGoghGaming » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:05 am

Actually this is not true. TinyMiner maintains a list of empty belts and once a belt has been marked as empty it will not be used again in the same mining session. Taking this concept one step further TinyMiner also maintains a list of "undesirable belts" which are belts that have been mined extensively and asteroids are no longer within mining range upon arrival resulting in wasted time approaching distant asteroids. Undesirable belts are put at the end of the queue when there aren't any more fresh belts available.
VanGogh - Power-Gamer at Large!
Power-Gamers RPG Vault - So eager to play, so reluctant to admit it...
TinyMiner - EVE Online Mining Bot - The EVE Bot Macro Miner of choice, your own ISK Printing Machine!

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”