Can not select or change EVE resolution

Have a question related to the TinyMiner Eve Mining Bot? Ask it here!
Dedjezter
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Can not select or change EVE resolution

Postby Dedjezter » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:53 pm

Sorry if this has been covered but I can not find it.

The tutorial says to change the resolution in EVE to 1024x768 windowed mode but it will not let me do that. The reolution tab is unselectable.

Does anyone know why this is?

VanGoghGaming
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can not select or change EVE resolution

Postby VanGoghGaming » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:37 am

The word "resolution" is not suitable here since we are talking about the Size of your Eve Window and NOT about the resolution of your desktop. This is very important to understand!

First you need to log into Eve Online, then press Esc to get into the settings menu, then go Display & Graphics tab and there change "Windowed or Fullscreen" to "Window mode" and "Window Size" to "1024x768". After that continue with the other settings as shown in the tutorial page screenshots.

Why the hell am I repeating this here when it is already explained to the best of my abilities on the tutorial page? Please try to pay a minimum of attention!
VanGogh - Power-Gamer at Large!
Power-Gamers RPG Vault - So eager to play, so reluctant to admit it...
TinyMiner - EVE Online Mining Bot - The EVE Bot Macro Miner of choice, your own ISK Printing Machine!

Psykreep
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Postby Psykreep » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:56 am

It happened to me also. Look at top right of EVE program window ; where the minimize, maximize and "X" red button are. Click the middle one and the EVE game window should shrink to 1024 x 768. Hope this helps.

KimD
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Postby KimD » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:43 am

Actually, I have 2 video cards in two of my machines where in EVE I could not drop eve down to those settings. It was due to the drivers I was running. Once I was able to download the drivers and install them it worked fine.

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”