Max Yield with TM + double client + orca boost

Have a question related to the TinyMiner Eve Mining Bot? Ask it here!
vguch
Esteemed Miner
Esteemed Miner

Max Yield with TM + double client + orca boost

Postby vguch » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:16 pm

I have been using TM+ for a while now and I am very satisfied. Although I Think that by optimizing some script routines, the yield could still be maxed, but it might just not be worth the trouble.

However, I have found an issue, I would like to discuss. So far I have been using 2 mining barges or exhumers on TM+ double client. Sometimes with, sometimes without Orca boost. The mining ships were always identically fitted as were the skills of my mining toons. So far I have always used a hisec system where no rats spawned and Concord reacts lightning fast. No losses so far.

Now I wanted to try something different: Using two Hulks, who jettison the ore in the belt , where the Orca is pulling the cans close. So I let TM run 5 cycles of 45 seconds, 80% option, jettison ore, option, 200km option, mining drones activated, tank activated.

However, it takes a very long time to get the first can jettisoned, the mining drones are correctly launched, but do not engage the roids, and tm is messing with my overview and selected items positions. The mid slots and low slots are correctly activated. Due to the messing up with the overview window positions, tm cannot correctly target roids anymore... when i disabled the mining drone option, it works as usual, with one exception: TM takes its time to get the first toon to the first belt and starts mining, it then switsches to the second toon to bring him to his first belt. I do not know when TM starts with the mining timers since both toons mined far longer than I selected and by far I mean like twice the time...

As a Hulk has only 8.500 m3 of Orehold, which is not even a complete 2nd circle, I run Tm for under 6 minutes, but it takes some ten minutes to jettison the can... so regularly 4 minutes are wasted. It took me for more than 2 hours to fill up an Orca like this... Very ineffective!

So do I have to use a skiff since the mackie's orehold would be too big to be jettisoned at once?? Should I just forget about Jetcan mining and run two Mackies as before?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Insideous
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Re: Max Yield with TM + double client + orca boost

Postby Insideous » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:19 am

Did you ever get this resolved? I would love to do jet can mining. For some reason I just can't wrap my mind around running 2 mackies is more efficient. Its been 3 years since I played, so maybe its just me.

VanGoghGaming
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby VanGoghGaming » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:03 pm

Two mackinaws are definitely a lot more efficient than one orca and a mackinaw. You can do a trial run and see how much ore you end up with in each scenario. I think people have crunched up the numbers and you need at least 3 exhumers in a fleet before the Orca can really show its potential!

Since the introduction of these huge Ore Holds for the Retriever and Mackinaw the jettison option has been rendered rather obsolete. Unloading the Ore Hold in station every half an hour or so has much less impact on your yield than it had before when you had to do it every 5 or 10 minutes...
VanGogh - Power-Gamer at Large!
Power-Gamers RPG Vault - So eager to play, so reluctant to admit it...
TinyMiner - EVE Online Mining Bot - The EVE Bot Macro Miner of choice, your own ISK Printing Machine!

vguch
Esteemed Miner
Esteemed Miner

Postby vguch » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:54 am

Thanks VG for the insight.

Would you recommend using Mackies or Retrievers for Mining operations in 0.5 Systems? Exhumers and barges do not differ significantly in mining yield as they used to do and losing a retriever
let's us miners laugh, while losing a Mackie is still painful, although the replacement is already waiting in the hangar...

On my "Mining PC" it takes TMP 45sec after each mining cycle to start the next one, so I put this into account, when calculating the cycle duration and repetitions... For example, I put the duration to 60 secs, then tmp mines for 60 secs + 45 secs until it interrupts the cycle and starts the new one, so I basically get a net mining cycle of 60+45=105 secs. since I adapted the numbers, I have significantly shortened my mining times and still end up with full cargoholds in station, so I guess I am wasting far less time and ore...

crazysonoran
Established Miner
Established Miner

Postby crazysonoran » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:52 pm

I use macks for tM and Hulks when I mine manually in anything from 0.5 to 1.0 space. In 0.5 a minor tank and a set of 5 drones will keep a mackinaw safe as long as it doesnt get stuck in the belt after picking up the drones, a moderate tank on a mack and it can tank the rats indefinately. Retriever needs a little more tank in 0.5 but can do it. I run TM in 0.8 right now, decent mix of roids and dont need to use drones, my minimal tank on even a retreiver is enough.

As far as yield in isk per hour mining I can fill a macks ore hold in about 30 minutes with my non-max skill pilots (exhumer 3-4) boosted by a max skill, implanted orca pilot. This is 6-7mil worth of ore or about 15mil after refining and selling the ore. With the dual client the yeild is lower per pilot but still more than one due to the extended cycle times and the time it takes to reset them in the dual client version. I havent measured it specifically but I'd gather its around 25mil per hour with the dual client TM. With 3 pilots on 2 PCs boosted, one dual and one single client TM I am getting a little over 35mil per hour. for comparison if I manually run all 4 of my fleet in 2 hulks and a mackinaw boosted I can break 73mil per hour. Even with 3 macks I was over 60mil per hour.

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”