Critical damage detection and drones (SOLVED)

Have a question related to the TinyMiner Eve Mining Bot? Ask it here!
SDMODELLER
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Critical damage detection and drones (SOLVED)

Postby SDMODELLER » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:46 am

When I get TM going frequently I come back and have been logged off for critical damage, despite having drones set out for defense. When I come back on the drones are left at the asteroid belt. So I think the point is why aren't my drones defending? They are deploying. i have even watched as they just orbit.

VanGoghGaming
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Critical damage detection and drones

Postby VanGoghGaming » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:26 am

The drones attack only if they are launched BEFORE the rats target your ship. Otherwise they just orbit you completely ignoring the rats so it all depends on the moment your ship arrives in belt and deploy the drones and whether the rats are already there or not and how fast they target your ship. This is an intended game mechanic by CCP though so there's nothing I can do about it. Make sure to stick a civilian shield booster on your mining ship just in case. It should be enough to keep your shield level up against the weaker empire rats!
VanGogh - Power-Gamer at Large!
Power-Gamers RPG Vault - So eager to play, so reluctant to admit it...
TinyMiner - EVE Online Mining Bot - The EVE Bot Macro Miner of choice, your own ISK Printing Machine!

dougoud
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Postby dougoud » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:15 am

Hey Vangogh,

I have been facing the same issue lately which led me to lose some ships so I did some tests. I can confirm what you said.
It is true, if the retriever is already targeted and shot at, then the drones will stay idle when launched. as you said, certainly a "feature" from CCP...
I had the issue only when I ran the "TM Doubleclient". I believe this is due to the "process" followed by the program:
1) The program will first launch one ship,
2) it will switch to the second one and launch it too
3) it then switch back to the first one, and enter the mining process (find an asteroid, enter orbit, launch drones, lock asteroids, start miner F1, lock 2nd asteroid, start miner F2). During this time, the second ship is arrived in the belt and will stay unmanaged for a while -> can be targeted by rats without drones -> entering the situation.
4) start the mining process on the second ship.If any rats were present in the system, the 2nd ship will now be undefended by the drones.

Potential solution:
- once out of warp: launch the drones first, then do all the next steps starting the mining
- with doubleclient: warp the first ship to its destination, launch drones, switch to second ship, warp and launch drones. Then only initiate mining process.

Not sure if this is a lot of work but it would def help to save ships.

Let me know,
Cheers

ksungjune
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Postby ksungjune » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:12 pm

I just lost a retriever with this issue, had several encounters that I had to halt Tinyminer before.
I think he's got the point.

VanGoghGaming
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby VanGoghGaming » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:44 pm

Guys don't fly ships that are not properly tanked to withstand the rats indefinitely. There is a new feature in the works that will use a different Overview tab to check for rats and optionally kill them with drones. Until then you should not rely solely on the drones option for protection, slap a civilian shield booster on your Retriever or go to 1.0 or 0.9 systems that don't have any rats. The mackinaw is much more suited for 0.5-0.8 systems.
TinyMiner - EVE Online Mining Bot - The EVE Bot Macro Miner of choice, your own ISK Printing Machine!

Mort78
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Postby Mort78 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:10 am

Hey VGG & Fellow miners!

First off VGG, absolutely love your program. Its amazingly good. Keep up the great work.
I too lost a Retriever last night, as a result of my silly drone just flying around my ship whilst I'm getting hit. That's life.
I'm really looking forward to this new feature you're talking about. That'll definitely stop those pesky rats, having a go....... until CCP change the mechanics again >.<

Cheers and again..... thanks!

n17r0
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Postby n17r0 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:58 pm

I got a major suggestion!

Why not add a docking function instead of logging off?

Happy mining!

JHSPerc
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Postby JHSPerc » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:46 am

VanGoghGaming wrote:Guys don't fly ships that are not properly tanked to withstand the rats indefinitely. There is a new feature in the works that will use a different Overview tab to check for rats and optionally kill them with drones. Until then you should not rely solely on the drones option for protection, slap a civilian shield booster on your Retriever or go to 1.0 or 0.9 systems that don't have any rats. The mackinaw is much more suited for 0.5-0.8 systems.

Is this feature still in the works?

VanGoghGaming
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby VanGoghGaming » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:14 am

Yes indeed it is still on the table and will be added in a future version. It's a solid option to have in your arsenal, albeit one that requires quite a bit of extra coding! :D

Rlbc82
Newbie Miner
Newbie Miner

Postby Rlbc82 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:54 pm

This still in the pipe line by chance?

VanGoghGaming wrote:Guys don't fly ships that are not properly tanked to withstand the rats indefinitely. There is a new feature in the works that will use a different Overview tab to check for rats and optionally kill them with drones. Until then you should not rely solely on the drones option for protection, slap a civilian shield booster on your Retriever or go to 1.0 or 0.9 systems that don't have any rats. The mackinaw is much more suited for 0.5-0.8 systems.

Soulstripper99
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Postby Soulstripper99 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:46 pm

Hi AWESOME program, You changed my EVE life. And Here Over the last day I lost 2 retrievers, and come back from sleep to find my capsules sitting in space LOL as I watch my drones fly around, LOL. Im glad I checked this form. IM NOT THE ONLY ONE!

AWESOME. So a civilian Shield booster? And just set that as one of the items turned on?

I am in a .6 system, and it almost NEVER happens running single ttinyminer, MAINLY only when I run the Double miner. I believe to buddies suggestion Up above.

Looking forward to the next update! And having a way to "engage" drones if ship is being attacked would be great!

VanGoghGaming
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Critical damage detection and drones (SOLVED)

Postby VanGoghGaming » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:28 pm

Yes, in the latest version v5.71 you can have a separate overview tab for rats right next to your asteroids tab and TinyMiner will switch to it and if it detects rats it can engage them with combat drones or simply warp to another belt, it's all up to you!

Soulstripper99
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Postby Soulstripper99 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:44 am

Awesome, i came home from a business trip to see this update. Amazing. Awesome! And I just paid 23.99 for a 2nd license so theres a little extra donation. I sent in a request so I will patiently wait to get my 2nd license set up :)

AWESOME WORK!

dimagamer
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Postby dimagamer » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:53 pm

Hello, Yes with latest version bot works with drones very effective. Before I noticed that sometimes (very rare) it fail to start drones and my ship was vulnerable. Right now no problems at all. Drones effectively started with key shortcut and never fail to kill belt rats. Perfect :D

But recently i got accident. My ship was killed in the belt by Omen blood raiders 20000+ damage. Mining in the area for 2 months and have never seen any npc that could kill my ship (0.7 security status system). Tick "Use critical damage check" active.

Question to VanGogh Team. At the moment do we have any way to activate emergency wrap way and dock to station in case if my ship damaged more them 50%. I just can`t find this setting. If no, it would be nice improvement for future developments. Just imagine if we could set shield of armor critical damage to 60-50% manually. If this reached, bot will try to escape and dock to station.

And if escape will be not lucky, it can quit EVE immediately using "use critical damage check" option.
Just my idea.

All the best,
Dima.

VanGoghGaming
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby VanGoghGaming » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:40 am

Take a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3310, that guy also had problems with these super strong rats. Apparently they are caused by a Pirate Stronghold (Forward Operating Base) spawning in your area (check The Agency window). If that is the case then, as suggested, you should move your mining operations in another system farther away until the Pirate Stronghold is destroyed by other players or it despawns from being ignored for too long!

dimagamer
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Postby dimagamer » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:02 pm

Thank you for information and quick reply! Also I noticed incursion 5 systems away, might it's also related. Will move to different system.

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”