CPU usage on my laptop while running EVE

Have a question related to the TinyMiner Eve Mining Bot? Ask it here!
lazyghost
Established Miner
Established Miner

CPU usage on my laptop while running EVE

Post by lazyghost »

Does anyone else Notice a Huge spike in CPU useage while Mineing Ice over Ore ?

is this becasue off the sheer number of people in the ice belt iam guessing so i have all brackets turned off and grafix is set to the lowest i ca get them 2 lol jsut wondering if ayone else notices this

as when iw as mineing OreCPU useage went up to like 65% max

now with ice when in belt it can spike at 90-100% dont realy want to have my laptop runing at 100% cpu useage becasue this can dammage the CPU? am i right in thinking this or is it fine to jsut keep runing it mineing ice ?
VanGoghGaming
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CPU usage on my laptop

Post by VanGoghGaming »

If EVE is using that much CPU then it might be time to get a new laptop. It sounds like you're using an antique. Also close all browsers and other programs while running EVE. Usually EVE shouldn't use more than 1-2% CPU while sitting idle.
VanGogh - Power-Gamer at Large!
Power-Gamers RPG Vault - So eager to play, so reluctant to admit it...
TinyMiner - EVE Online Mining Bot - The EVE Bot Macro Miner of choice, your own ISK Printing Machine!
lazyghost
Established Miner
Established Miner

Re: CPU usage on my laptop

Post by lazyghost »

nar my laptop is new only got it a few months ago

ACER Aspire 5542

AMD Turion II Dual-Core M500 (2.2 GHz)

runing 4gig ram and
radeon HD 4200 grafix

uninstalled norton and updated the grafix runing now at about 5-60% whiele in belt with only eve and TM runing
VanGoghGaming
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CPU usage on my laptop while running EVE

Post by VanGoghGaming »

Yes it was likely the fault of those other applications you had running at the same time. Norton is known to be CPU hungry. Good to hear it's running better now. TinyMiner is hardly using any CPU at all. That's where it got its name: Tiny CPU usage, Tiny memory consumption, Tiny file size, Awesome features and versatility!:) Very hard to find all that in a single application these days if I may say so myself...
TinyMiner - EVE Online Mining Bot - The EVE Bot Macro Miner of choice, your own ISK Printing Machine!
lazyghost
Established Miner
Established Miner

Post by lazyghost »

VanGoghGaming wrote:Yes it was likely the fault of those other applications you had running at the same time. Norton is known to be CPU hungry. Good to hear it's running better now. TinyMiner is hardly using any CPU at all. That's where it got its name: Tiny CPU usage, Tiny memory consumption, Tiny file size, Awesome features and versatility!:) Very hard to find all that in a single application these days if I may say so myself...

Yer Its a absolutly asome program. I take my hat off 2 u for puting this together

I did notice that when i was mineing Ore it was only useing a tiny amount off power but when i moved to ice used more i guess its jsut the demands off the game in a ice belt with 100 or so people in that system al mineng in same belt. its runing at about 40-60% atm fine now :)
Thor
Emerging Miner
Emerging Miner

Post by Thor »

I had to chuckle at this, I'm looking forward to the day my CPU goes over 30% even when running 3x Eve + Browser + Documents and what ever else I have on the go. Damn I love my beast :)
VanGoghGaming
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by VanGoghGaming »

EVE has gone a long way in terms of code optimization. Not so long ago, before they switched to the new shiny GPU-accelerated interface, the game relied primarily on the main processor to display all graphics and that was taking a heavy toll on the CPU.
Thor
Emerging Miner
Emerging Miner

Post by Thor »

Ah, didn't know that, only been playing for about a year. Not long before Domi came out. MY old PC could barely handle 1 Eve (or 1 Wow for that matter), granted it was about 5 years old. My new one would of cost about £2000 in a shop, but I sourced the parts at 'Trade' prices and built it my self. I had no idea Graphic Cards had gotten so damn big >.<