High Sec Orca Mining Drone Per Asteroid

Have a question related to the TinyMiner Eve Mining Bot? Ask it here!
fps_doug__
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

High Sec Orca Mining Drone Per Asteroid

Postby fps_doug__ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:42 pm

Sorry about the title, just didn't want to be a generic "orca" thread,

I've googled and scoured around the forums but find nothing that answers my question, I'm trying to Orca mine in .7, using augmented mining drones, is it possible to have 1 drone per asteroid? So far I've seen it put all drones onto 1 asteroid.

I also noticed the BlackOps dlc pack failed to detect RATs when first arriving, so it launches mining drones, sets them going then checks for RATs then finds them, recalls, launches my hob II's kills them then goes back to mining. I'm not sure if I did anything wrong as I can only find posts dotted around the forums about the DLC.

Doug

VanGoghGaming
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: High Sec Orca Mining Drone Per Asteroid

Postby VanGoghGaming » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:23 pm

You are correct, when mining with an Orca the drones mine all together the same asteroid. It would be micro-management hell to try and set them each on their own asteroid, not at all suited for automation when any number of things could go wrong!

However if high-sec mining with an Orca is your thing then you should read this short guide about mining Rakovene, the most profitable ore you could find: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3646
Rakovene rocks are huge so it takes a while for the mining drones to chew through them thus maximizing your profits!
VanGogh - Power-Gamer at Large!
Power-Gamers RPG Vault - So eager to play, so reluctant to admit it...
TinyMiner - EVE Online Mining Bot - The EVE Bot Macro Miner of choice, your own ISK Printing Machine!

fps_doug__
Wannabe Miner
Wannabe Miner

Re: High Sec Orca Mining Drone Per Asteroid

Postby fps_doug__ » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:02 am

Hi Van,

Thanks for a speedy response. I honestly never thought about that side of things, really good knowledge. I checked the thread out and I'm currently on my way to a high sec Edencom vic :)

Great work!

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”